Sunday, May 22, 2011

Frustrations From a "Best Friend. . .?"

Sometimes I just want to talk to you.

Not about an ex-girlfriend.

Not about anything.

I just want to talk to you like a best friend talks to another.

I want the inside jokes and funny nicknames back.

I want to talk to you late into the night about absolutely nothing.

Sometime I just don’t want to talk about her anymore.

But at the same time, I so desperately want to be there for you.

I want to let you talk out all the hurt and the pain.

I want to wrap my arms around you and tell you

It’ll all be okay, friend, you can get through this.

I want you to call me at 3 in the morning with a breakthrough

Sometimes I feel used.

Like you only talk to me because I am willing to help you.

You only talk to me about her.

And I want to scream at you.

You can be so inconsiderate

But there is something about me

That takes it all in

I take it in and I let it wash over me

And I do the best I can to help you

I do. I do. But sometimes I just curl up and cry

Because there is so much that I want to say to you

So I’m going to say it now.

Get over her.

Just get over and get on with your life.

She hurt you.

I understand that you have to deal with it.

But it doesn’t have to occupy every second of your life.

You can’t keep living like this.

Sooner or later you’re going to drive away everyone close to you.

You’ve come so close to driving me away.

But there’s just something about you.

And God keeps telling me to wait.

So here I am.

I’m waiting.

And through all of this waiting

I will talk to you about your ex-girlfriend.

I will text you everyday

And when I say something that pisses you off,

I will retract it, I will apologize and I will wish

Every single day,

That all of this.

All of this that I’ve written

Would be known to you.

But until that day,

Everything will continue

Exactly

The

Way

It

Is.

Dang it, I’m writing poetry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment